Looking for a simple dog treat recipe? These Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats are INCREDIBLY easy to make. They only require THREE ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I appreciate any and all support, especially during these difficult times. Stay safe! <3
Healthy, Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
There’s nothing better than homemade treats. That’s true for humans and our fur babies. Store-bought treats can be expensive and full of chemicals. Making them at home allows us to KNOW (and control) each ingredient.
These Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats only include THREE ingredients – Natural Peanut Butter, a Banana, and Old-Fashioned Oats.
This means they are WHEAT-FREE, high protein, and healthy for your dog.
It also means you can eat them too!
What kind of peanut butter?
It is incredibly important to use a peanut butter that does NOT contain xylitol. NO XYLITOL.
According to VCA Animal Hospital, “xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs.”
I like to use (and eat) Skippy’s Natural Peanut Butter. It does not contain xylitol. It tastes great (I eat it by the spoonful). And, it doesn’t separate like other natural peanut butters.
How to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
This recipe is truly simple. It’s incredibly easy and quick to make.
I used a banana that was over-ripe. Similar to what I do in my human banana recipes, like How to Make Simple and Delicious Banana Bread.
I mash up the banana then throw in the peanut butter and old-fashioned oats. I mix it all together.
Then, I plop the mixture on some parchment paper to cut out shapes. I highly recommend this set of cookie cutters. The assortment includes a dog bone, a dog, circles, hearts, and more. I also LOVE this 5-piece Dog Bone and Biscuit Cookie Cutter Set. It’s adorable and perfect for homemade dog treats!
For other Dog Recipes that dogs LOVE, please check out:
The BEST Dog Cupcakes for a Puppy Party (PUPCAKES!)
The Best Dog Cake Recipe for your Fur Baby
1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter (no xylitol)
1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
This recipe yields about 21 small dog treats. It will vary based on how big you cut your treats.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash an over-ripe banana in a medium-sized mixing bowl. I love this set of stainless steel mixing bowls. They come with lids so you can store food too. They also have bottoms that prevent slippage while mixing or if you’re just clumsy like me!
- Add the Natural Peanut Butter and Old-Fashioned Oats. Mix!
- Plop the mix on a sheet of parchment paper. Spread it out to your desired thickness. I recommend about 1/4”.
It will be sticky. If you use a rolling pin, I recommend one made from marble, like this one here. It helps to prevent the dough from sticking to the roller. I personally just use my hands to spread it all out.
- Cut out in shapes of your choice. I used cookie cutters from this set.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool completely before giving to your dog.
I hope your fur babies love them as much as mine do!!