Soft, chewy, and refreshing, these Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are an easy, quick, delicious way to bake with fresh mint from your garden or enjoy an interesting take on classic chewy chocolate chip cookies.
This post contains affiliate links.
I love growing herbs and veggies. It’s such a rewarding experience to grow my own food. This year, I had an ABUNDANCE of fresh mint.
It was a bit surprising because my mint plant was NOT doing well at all. There were a couple sad, sparse vines. I was about to give up on it.
I cut off all the mint leaves to make Mint Macarons, which were INCREDIBLE. Whenever I figure out how to make a pretty macaron, I will post the recipe for you. Because they were seriously SO good!
Anyway, back to my mint story… about a month after I cut off every leaf, I had the most beautiful, full, flourishing mint plant. It all grew back in the most miraculous way.
I initially thought about all the mojitos I could make. 😂 But then, I thought about…
Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
I LOVE mint and chocolate together. My family also loves the combination.
Around the holidays, I frequently make these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’re a HUGE hit. Mostly because they’re so deliciously addictive.
Unfortunately, at other times during the year, it can be difficult (or expensive) to find and buy Ghirardelli Chocolate Peppermint Premium Holiday Baking Chunks.
So, these Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for the other times of the year. Or if your garden is overflowing with beautiful, fresh mint. Or you just want a twist on a traditional, chewy chocolate chip cookie.
How to Make Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is extremely simple. It can be made in just one bowl. Which is my favorite kind of recipe. Less dishes!
The one extract used is vanilla. I did not add any peppermint extract because the fresh mint adds enough REAL, refreshing mint flavor.
The recipe calls for a mix of brown sugar and granulated sugar, like traditional chocolate chip cookies. I frequently use light brown sugar for this recipe, but dark brown sugar works well too.
I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but dark chocolate chips would be scrumptious. I’d love to hear which is your favorite.
For a limited time, this 40-page Printable Planner Bundle (to help organize every area of your life) is available at a special discount price.
Please sign up for the Love Mischka Mailing List below to receive updates and other special offers.
Ingredients for Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1.5 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate, whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, firmly packed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the fresh mint. Put aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped fresh mint.
- Drop balls of dough about 2 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet (I prepare one with parchment paper).
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool completely, preferably on a cooling rack. This Stainless Steel Baking Rack & Cooling Rack is dishwasher safe and heavy-duty. You can cool baked goods on it without worrying it’ll tip over. It is also safe to use in the oven. You can broil, bake, roast, decorate or cool with this versatile rack. I LOVE items with multiple purposes!
- ENJOY your Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you have any suggestions to make it even better or about recipes you’d like to see, please let me know!