These easy funfetti cookies from scratch are soft, chewy, and festive! The recipe only requires one bowl and is super quick. They’re the perfect addition to any party, birthday, or holiday!
This post contains affiliate links. This means, if you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I appreciate any and all support! Thanks so much!! ❤️
It’s no secret that I love to make cookies. It’s also no secret that I love to EAT cookies. 😂
These easy funfetti cookies from scratch are another twist on soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Just without the chocolate chips, of course.
I did make a batch with mini chocolate chips AND sprinkles. They were also delicious, but didn’t have the special feel or look that these cookies have.
Everyone loves Funfetti!
Really though. Who doesn’t love funfetti desserts? They seem to bring a smile to everyone’s face… or at least a hint of one. 😊
They’re just so fun, bright, and cheery. An instant pick-me-up.
In my experience, adults love them just as much as kids do! Which is A LOT.
I love to make and gift these funfetti cookies for birthdays. They’re also great for any other celebration or party. They disappear quick though!
Don’t miss out! Get updates on latest posts, coupon codes for my shop, and more by joining my email list below.
How to Make Funfetti Cookies
This funfetti cookie recipe is INCREDIBLY simple.
It can be made in one bowl (less dishes!). It’s quick to whip up. And, you’re likely to already have most of the ingredients at home.
Which makes these rainbow sprinkle cookies PERFECT for any last minute cookie exchange, party, or gathering.
Save and organize your recipes with this adorable Recipe Card Printable. Available HERE.
Sprinkles, Sprinkles, Everywhere!!!
One of my favorite things about funfetti desserts is how versatile they are.
The color and type of sprinkles can easily be changed to fit a certain holiday, event, season, sports team, theme, etc. etc.
Red, yellow, and orange for Fall Funfetti Cookies. Red, white, and green for Christmas Funfetti Cookies. Pretty Pastels for Easter Funfetti Cookies.
This Monster Medley of Sprinkles is perfect for Halloween.
This Pretty In Pink Sprinklefetti is great for Valentine’s Day.
There are even these Happy Unicorn Sprinkles that would make the cutest Unicorn Funfetti Cookies.
Cookies with Rainbow Sprinkles
For the funfetti cookies in this post, I used RAINBOW Sprinkles. Which are PERFECT for birthdays, summer parties, kids, and more.
There are so many possibilities with these homemade funfetti cookies. They’ll quickly become your go-to recipe for festive, fun cookies or a cheerful pick-me-up.
More Easy Cookie Recipes!
- Simple Banana Bread Cookies
- Matcha Green Tea Cookies with White Chocolate (my favorite!)
- Almond Joy Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
Easy Funfetti Cookies from Scratch
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3 Tbsp Sprinkles to be mixed into the batter
- 1 Tbsp Sprinkles to be placed on top of the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet. I like to line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in 3 Tbsp. of sprinkles.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Tap the top of each ball to flatten them a little. Do not press hard. Otherwise, the cookies may become too flat.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sprinkles (1 Tbsp.) on each ball.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely.