These homemade 3-Ingredient Cheddar Dog Treats are incredibly simple and quick to make. All you need is cheese, rolled oats, and eggs. They’re the perfect treat for your cheese-loving fur baby.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I appreciate any and all support.<3
I absolutely love cheese. I put it on everything. It’s a problem. BUT, my dogs LOVE cheese even more than I do.
All I have to do is whisper “cheese” and they’ll come running from the other side of the house.
They were ecstatic to try these cheesy, homemade treats. And, by ecstatic, I mean they were absolutely obsessed and wanted an endless amount. 😂
EASY Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
Fortunately, these simple cheddar dog treats are ridiculously easy to make.
Everything can be thrown together in one bowl and ready to bake in a matter of minutes.
For other easy, 3-ingredient dog treat recipes, check out my Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats and Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pupsicles.
I do recommend using a blender or food processor to chop the cheese and rolled oats into a fine mixture before adding the eggs though.
This allows the eggs to fully cover every bit and actually hold the treats together.
Extra Cheesy & Wheat-Free
Because my babies LOVE cheese, I wanted to make these treats extra cheesy.
The recipe calls for 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. I use sharp cheddar, but you can use whichever cheddar cheese works for you and your pup.
These easy, 3-Ingredient Cheddar Dog Treats also include rolled oats and eggs.
There is NO flour in this recipe AT ALL. Which means…
These 3-Ingredient Cheddar Dog Treats are WHEAT-FREE, high protein, and relatively healthy for your dog.
Just like my recipe for Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats (Only 3 Ingredients!)
Save and organize your recipes with this adorable Recipe Card Printable. Available HERE.
Please sign up for the Love Mischka Mailing List below to receive updates and other special offers.
How to Make Homemade Dog Treats with Rolled Oats
I prefer to grind the cheese and oats together in a blender or food processor to create a fine mixture. This makes the batter easier to work with.
After I create the cheesy oat mixture, I put it in a mixing bowl and add eggs. The eggs allow everything to stick together, so make sure it’s all fully combined.
Now comes the fun part…
You can either roll the dough into little balls and place on a prepared baking sheet.
After baking, they’ll look like this –
OR… you can cut cute shapes using cookie cutters.
To do this, plop the dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Spread it out. Then cut with your favorite cookie cutters.
I used a bone from this Wilton Cookie Cutters Set.
I love this Set of 8 Dog Bone Biscuit Cookie Cutters though. Each bone is a different size!
For more easy dog treat recipes, check out:
- Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats (Only 3 Ingredients!)
- Super Easy Frozen Dog Treats with Only THREE Ingredients
- Easy Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Easy 3-Ingredient Cheddar Dog Treats
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with olive oil or parchment paper.
- Place oats and cheese in a blender or food processor. Pulse until finely ground.
- Pour the oats and cheese mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs. Stir until fully combined.
- Plop the dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Spread it out. Cut desired shapes with cookie cutters. OR roll the dough into balls.
- Place the shapes/balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until done (the edges will set).
- Remove from the oven. Let cool then store in an airtight container.
If you made these homemade dog treats, I would LOVE to know. You can tag me on instagram (@lovemischka) or leave a comment below.