Soft, moist, and delicious banana bread chocolate chip muffins! Super easy with the perfect amount of banana and chocolate in every bite.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I only recommend products I use and love. Thank you! <3
Banana Bread with Chocolate
What’s even better than banana bread? Banana Bread with CHOCOLATE!
I only recently tried banana bread with chocolate chips.
My Banana Bread recipe has become very popular and I LOVE reading everyone’s different interpretations, opinions, and additions. You’re all so creative!
One of the most common additions is chocolate chips, so I had to try it… and I get it. It’s goooooodd.
My family, who are HUGE banana bread fans, LOVE these muffins. My uncle told me I NEEDED to put this recipe on my site.
We also enjoy the combination of bananas and chocolate with these Banana Bread Cookies. You should definitely try them too!
The Perfect Amount of Sweet
This recipe is similar to my popular Banana Bread recipe (and it’s just as easy!)
There are some changes though. First, I omitted the nutmeg.
Second, and this is an important one, I decreased the amount of sugar in the recipe to allow for the sweetness of the chocolate chips.
I was worried the addition of chocolate would make the original recipe too sweet. And, it was the right call.
These banana bread chocolate chip muffins are the perfect amount of sweet.
How Many Bananas?
I prefer to use THREE bananas.
It’s possible to make these muffins with just two bananas. You could also make them with four. But, in my experience, four bananas can lead to muffins that are TOO moist or dense.
If you only have one banana, check out these Banana Bread Cookies.
Save and organize your recipes with this adorable Recipe Card Printable. Available HERE.
Please sign up for the Love Mischka Mailing List below to receive updates and other special offers.
The most important thing is to use overripe bananas.
The peels should be turning brown. The insides should be mushy. The key is to use the bananas that no one wants to eat.
Overripe bananas are sweeter because more starch has converted to sugar. They’re also easier to smash and smoothly incorporate in the bread. This leads to moist banana deliciousness.
More Easy Baking Recipes
Don’t miss these favorites:
- Blueberry Crisp from Scratch – the BEST blueberry dessert.
- Funfetti Cookies – the easiest, tastiest sprinkles cookie for ANY celebration.
- Carrot Cake Cookies (with Cream Cheese Frosting) – an easier and quicker way to enjoy the carrot cake flavor you love.
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/3 cup Butter Melted
- 2/3 cup Sugar granulated
- 3 Bananas overripe
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a muffin pan with oil or by lining it with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar.
- Add the bananas. Mash them then mix into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Stir.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Oven times vary.
- Let cool completely then… ENJOY!