These Chocolate Peppermint Chunk Cookies are always a holiday hit! They are the perfect, festive mix of chocolate and peppermint. They are easy-to-make, soft, moist, and just incredible.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means, if you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I only recommend products I use and love. Thanks!!
I can’t believe how fast Christmas is approaching! There was so much I wanted to do! So much I wanted to post! It’s crazy! This is why I’m happy that I’ve created so many QUICK, easy, and delicious recipes for the season.
This Chocolate Peppermint Chunk cookie recipe is one of them! It’s perfect for last minute holiday parties, cookie exchanges, or as a special, cozy treat for yourself!
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Chunk Cookies
These cookies are definitely easy! I think the hardest part is melting the chocolate chip morsels. You need to consistently be mixing them while they’re on the burner. I’ve burnt chocolate numerous times. It’s not pretty! And, it’s difficult to clean!
Please do not let that scare you! You can do it! These Chocolate Peppermint Chunk cookies are worth EVERY step. They’re absolutely delicious!!!
Chocolate and peppermint are the PERFECT pair. If you want to add chocolate chips to the batter, you most certainly can. I only added Ghirardelli Chocolate Peppermint Premium Holiday Baking Chunks. These chunks are delicious on their own. They are even better in cookies. You can check out another recipe with them here – Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Dipped in Candy Cane Perfection
Once the cookies are baked and cooled, I dipped half of them in this phenomenal blend of Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane and White Chocolate. I originally added the white chocolate chips to brighter up the color of the dip. It seemed too yellow for what I wanted. I think the white chocolate also balanced the peppermint flavor well. It’s just incredible. You have to try it!
When making the dip, I added some milk to help with the texture. Whenever it looked too thick or it became hard to stir, I added a tiny bit of milk. I ended up using about 2 Tbsp.
You have to be constantly mixing the dip while it’s on the burner as well. But, you already did this with the semi-sweet chocolate chips. You’re a pro!
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp water
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
Red Sprinkles or Crushed Candy Canes for a topping (Optional)
Directions for the Chocolate Peppermint Chunk Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, and water in a saucepan.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir until complete melted and smooth. (Remember, it’s important to constantly be stirring to melt chocolate chips correctly. No burnt or chunky chocolate! Unless that’s your thing.)
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl. Preferably a glass like this one on Amazon – Glass Mixing Bowl – or a stainless steel one like in this set – Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Let cool some. (We don’t want to accidentally cook the eggs!)
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Stir well.
- Add Ghirardelli Chocolate Peppermint Premium Holiday Baking Chunks. Stir again.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies completely cool.
Directions for the Peppermint Dip
I recommend making this when the cookies are cool and you are ready to dip. The mixture thickens fast, making it impossible to cleanly dip the cookies without breaking them. If this happens, just reheat the mixture on the stovetop and immediately start dipping again.
- Melt the Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane and white chocolate chips in a saucepan. Add milk as needed to thin out the texture and make it easier to stir.
- Keep stirring until completely smooth.
- Dip half of a cookie into the mix. I did this right on the stove top.
- Place the cookie on parchment paper and let it cool.
- Add red sprinkles or crushed candy canes on the dipped part, if you want. I like to leave some plain and add festive toppings to others.
I hope you like this recipe as much as my loved ones do! Happy Baking!!!!
For budget-friendly, cookie baking essentials, please check out – 13 Budget-Friendly Holiday Baking Essentials.
You can follow Love Mischka on Pinterest HERE. Or pin one of the images below. Thank you!