Only have one banana? Craving something different than traditional banana bread? These moist, fluffy, DELICIOUS Banana Bread Cookies with Chocolate Chips are the answer! This simple recipe only uses ONE banana!
This post contains affiliate links. This means, if you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. I only recommend products I love. Thanks!
Banana Bread Cookies
Recently, I only had one overripe banana. I thought about throwing it away or making even more of my Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats. Then I had a crazy idea….
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!!
Several people have asked if they can make my Simple & Delicious Banana Bread Recipe with only one banana. I always recommend at least two bananas for that recipe. I prefer to use three though.
These Banana Bread Cookies are my suggestion to everyone that only has one banana.
They’re a little different than traditional banana bread, but they are still soft, moist, and full of that delicious banana bread taste.
How to Make Banana Bread Cookies
This recipe is just as simple as my other Banana Bread Recipes. Anyone can do it! It also includes ingredients that most people already have at home.
My uncle is the ULTIMATE banana bread fan. He LOVES these cookies! I’m sure you will too.
It is important to use an overripe banana. One that is starting to turn brown or is already brown. It’s mushy and not too pleasant to eat on its own.
The darker the banana the sweeter and more prominent its taste is.
If you use a banana that isn’t overripe, you may need to increase the amount of sugar in the recipe.
Chocolate Chips or Nuts?
I personally add chocolate chips because banana bread with chocolate chips is DELICIOUS.
You can definitely substitute or add nuts to the batter though. Or even sprinkle them on top of the cookies before baking. Nuts would add a wonderful crunch.
Save and organize your recipes with this adorable Recipe Card Printable. Available HERE.
An editable, Recipe Binder Printable Kit will be available soon. Please sign up for the Love Mischka Mailing List below to receive updates and a special coupon code!
*Yields about a dozen cookies
- 1 Banana
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the overripe banana until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Make sure the melted butter has cooled a little. I have accidentally cooked the egg by adding it too soon. Stir.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop balls of dough on a prepared cookie sheet. I like to line my baking sheets with parchment paper. Pat the dough down a little for a better cookie shape. I tend to forget to do this, so I sometimes end up with ball-like cookies. A cookie scoop helps to make perfect cookies. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a GREAT one yet that I can recommend. If you know of one, please let me know!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done. Oven times vary. Please use the toothpick trick (insert a clean, wooden toothpick into your baked good. If it comes out clean, the item is done).
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling racks. This Stainless Steel Baking Rack & Cooling Rack is heavy duty and safe to use in the dishwasher and oven. You can cool baked goods on it without worrying it’ll tip over and you can cook meats on it for crispy perfection (It’s really great for making crispy bacon!).