These easy funfetti cookies from scratch are soft, chewy, and festive! The recipe only requires one bowl and is super quick. They’re the perfect addition to any party, birthday, or holiday!
This post contains affiliate links. This means, if you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I appreciate any and all support! Thanks so much!! ❤️
It’s no secret that I love to make cookies. It’s also no secret that I love to EAT cookies. 😂
I love making cookies from scratch and creating recipes that are twists on the classics.
These easy funfetti cookies from scratch are another twist on soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Just without the chocolate chips, of course.
I did make a batch with mini chocolate chips AND sprinkles. They were also delicious. They didn’t look or have that special feel of these funfetti cookies though.
For other easy, delicious, unique cookie recipes, please check out:
Almond Joy Cookies
Banana Bread Cookies
Matcha Green Tea Cookies with White Chocolate
Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
In honor of my brother’s birthday, which was a few days ago, I am posting his absolute favorite recipe of mine…
Easy Funfetti Cookies from Scratch
Who doesn’t love funfetti desserts? They seem to bring a smile to everyone’s face… or at least a hint of one. 😊
They’re just so fun, bright, and cheery. An instant pick-me-up.
In my experience, adults love them as much as kids do! Which is A LOT.
These funfetti cookies are INCREDIBLY simple. The recipe can be made in one bowl. It’s quick to whip it up. And, you likely already have most of the ingredients in your home. It’s perfect for any last minute cookie exchange, party, or gathering.
For a limited time, this 40-page Printable Planner Bundle (to help organize every area of your life) is available at a special discount.
Please sign up for the Love Mischka Mailing List below to receive updates and other special offers.
Sprinkles, Sprinkles, Everywhere!!!
One of my favorite things about funfetti desserts is how versatile they are.
The color and type of sprinkles can easily be changed to fit a certain holiday, event, season, sports team, theme, etc. etc.
Red, yellow, and orange for Fall Funfetti Cookies. Red, white, and green for Christmas Funfetti Cookies. Pretty Pastels for Easter Funfetti Cookies.
This Monster Medley of Sprinkles is perfect for Halloween.
This Pretty In Pink Sprinklefetti is great for Valentine’s Day.
There are even these Happy Unicorn Sprinkles that would make the cutest Unicorn Funfetti Cookies.
For the funfetti cookies in this post, I used RAINBOW Sprinkles. Which are PERFECT for birthdays, summer parties, kids, and more.
There are so many possibilities with these easy funfetti cookies from scratch. They’ll quickly become your go-to recipe for festive, fun cookies or a cheerful pick-me-up.
Ingredients for Funfetti Cookies
*Makes about 1 dozen cookies.
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1.5 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Sprinkles, to be mixed into the batter
- 1 Tbsp. Sprinkles, to be placed on top of the cookies
How to Make Easy Funfetti Cookies from Scratch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet. I like to line it with parchment paper. You could also use a baking mat or spray with PAM No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in 3 Tbsp. of sprinkles.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Tap the top of each ball to flatten them a little. Do not press hard. Otherwise, the cookies may become too flat.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sprinkles (1 Tbsp.) on each ball.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool completely, preferably on a cooling rack. This Stainless Steel Baking Rack & Cooling Rack is heavy duty and dishwasher safe. You can cool baked goods on it without worrying it’ll tip over. It is also safe to use in the oven. You can broil, bake, roast, decorate or cool with this versatile rack. I LOVE items with multiple purposes.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you have any suggestions to make it even better or about recipes you’d like to see, please let me know!