These soft, delicious, easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are dipped in a mix of melted Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses and white chocolate to make the BEST Christmas cookie
This post contains affiliate links. This means, if you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I only recommend products I use and love. Thanks!!
The holiday season is here! I always have such big plans to do, bake, create as much as possible during this time. And every year, it seems harder and harder to find the time to do even half of it.
This is why I create so many QUICK, easy, and delicious holiday baking recipes. Like, Christmas Cut-Out Sugar Cookies (with Icing) – No Spread & No Chill and Cranberry Bliss Cookies – Just like Starbucks’ Cranberry Bliss Bars.
These easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are also quick, easy, and DELICIOUS.
Made with melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder, these chocolate cookies are rich, decadent, and moist.
The addition of peppermint makes these the BEST Christmas cookie.
They’re PERFECT for any cookie swaps, holiday parties, last minute gifts, or just a special, cozy treat for yourself.
For other fun Christmas ideas, please check out –
How to Make DIY Reindeer Candy Canes
How to Make DIY Reindeer Gift Bags
Easy Hot Cocoa Cookies – Made with Hot Chocolate Mix
How to Make Easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
These cookies are definitely easy! I think the hardest part is melting the chocolate chip morsels.
The most important thing is to constantly mix them while they’re on the burner.
I’ve burnt chocolate numerous times. It’s not pretty! Or easy to clean!
Please do not let that scare you though! You can do it!
These Easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are worth EVERY step. They’re absolutely delicious!!!
Chocolate and peppermint are the PERFECT pair, especially for the holiday season.
The first addition of peppermint to these easy chocolate peppermint cookies is by adding Ghirardelli Chocolate Peppermint Premium Holiday Baking Chunks.
These baking chunks are AMAZING. I also use them in my Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies,
UPDATE: It has been hard to find Ghirardelli Chocolate Peppermint Premium Holiday Baking Chunks this year… SO FAR.
As an alternative, I recommend Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. They’re also a favorite of mine
You could also use Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Milk and White Chocolate Squares and just break them up before adding them to the batter.
Save and organize your recipes with this adorable Recipe Card Printable. Available HERE.
An editable, Recipe Binder Printable Kit will be available soon. Please sign up for the Love Mischka Mailing List below to receive updates and special coupon codes!
Dipped in Candy Cane Perfection
The second addition of peppermint to these easy chocolate peppermint cookies is in the dip.
Originally, I was just going to dip the cookies in melted Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. Because I’m obsessed with them.
BUT, the color was too yellow for what I wanted. I added white chocolate chips to brighter up the color a bit.
It also helped to balance the peppermint flavor as well, which made the dip taste EVEN better. It really is incredible. You need to try it!
When melting the white chocolate and Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, it helps to add some milk.
Whenever it looks too thick or it’s too hard to stir, add a tiny bit of milk.
I end up using about 2 Tablespoons of milk in the dip.
It’s also important to constantly mix the dip while it’s on the burner. Just like with the semi-sweet chocolate chips!
Ingredients for Easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Peppermint Premium Holiday Baking Chunks or Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Red Sprinkles or Crushed Candy Canes for a topping (Optional)
Directions for Easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, and water in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl. Preferably a glass one, like this Anchor Hocking 4-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl or a stainless steel one, like in this Set of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
- Let cool some. (We don’t want to accidentally cook the eggs!)
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Stir well.
- Add Ghirardelli Chocolate Peppermint Premium Holiday Baking Chunks or Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. Stir again.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies completely cool.
Directions for the Candy Cane Dip
I recommend making this when the cookies are cooled and you are ready to dip.
The mixture thickens FAST, which can make it hard to cleanly dip the cookies without breaking them.
If this happens, just reheat the mixture on the stovetop and immediately start dipping again.
- Melt the Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses and white chocolate chips in a saucepan on low heat. Add milk as needed to thin out the texture and make it easier to stir.
- Keep stirring until completely smooth.
- Dip half of a cookie into the mixture. I did this right on the stove top.
- Place the cookie on parchment paper and let it cool.
- Add red sprinkles or crushed candy canes on the dipped part, if you want. I like to leave some plain and have festive toppings on the rest. It’s up to you!
ENJOY your easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies!!!
I hope you like this recipe as much as my loved ones do!
For budget-friendly, cookie baking essentials, please check out – 13 Budget-Friendly Holiday Baking Essentials.
Feel free to pin and share the images below or any photos of this page! Thanks!!